Pages

7.31.2012

Killer Project

In my final semester at RISD I took Mary Jane Begin's Portfolio class: it focused on the creation of a homogenous portfolio geared towards your industry of interest (gaming, publishing, licensing, editorial, design, etc...).  I'm interested in publishing, and I chose to illustrate a favorite young adult book: Sabriel by Garth Nix.  I planned on making black and white spot illustrations for all the chapters and wrap it all up by illustrating a cover (NOT that I don't love Leo and Diane Dillon's illustrations, it's just with any publications you do both inside and outside art... good practice and yada yada ya).

I didn't realize how long it would take to do over THIRTY 4x6" illustrations... it nearly killed me, AND I didn't even finish.  I think I got about half-way through.  Thumbnail sketches:



If I find the time (which will probably be within the next few weeks), I would like to finish them. You can find the finished spots on my Weebly.

No comments:

Post a Comment