Pages

8.05.2012

ICON7 in Providence

ICON is the big Illustration Conference that happens every two years (if you didn't know that, it's ok: I didn't know what it was until after I turned in my volunteer application).  Everyone who is Anyone is usually there.  People like Linda Barry, Matt Groening, Jillian Tamaki, Yuko Shimizu, Sam Webber, the people from Etsy, Victio Ngai, Soojin Buzelli, etc... BIG NAMES I HOPE THIS WILL BE MY FUTURE FAINT WITH NO DECORUM.



I was a volunteer (which means I didn't get to hear most of the talks because we were worked like the cheap-and-willing-student-slave-labor that we happen to desperately be).  But I did help with Fred Lynch's sketching workshop, and got to listen to a few other lectures (while I wasn't cutting out giant letters and posters, moving boxes, manning tables, and other things I can't remember).



Jillian Tamaki:


Sam Webber, Irene Gallo, Greg Manchess, Jon Foster:


P.S. I had no idea that Jon Foster was a RISD graduate...

No comments:

Post a Comment